Monday, December 19, 2011

guidance.

As soon as I heard these words I sat down and wept and mourned for days, and I continued fasting and praying before the God of heaven.” Nehemiah 1:4

The previous verse tells us that Nehemiah had just found out that the wall of Jerusalem was broken down, and its gates were burned with fire. He was sorrowful, sat down, and wept.
Just a few minutes ago, I was doing the same. I was crying over a build up of things, and I was just weeping and praying before the Lord, asking for His guidance and help. Then, I went to this verse.
Nehemiah turned his sorrow into fasting and prayer, and I believe that this example is the guidance that God wanted to give me right now.
Therefore, I will continue to bring these cares and sorrows before the Lord in prayer, and begin fasting. For where there is much prayer, there is much power.

Philippians 4:6-7
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Psalm 51:17
“The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.”

December 15, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment