Monday, December 12, 2011

mercy.

For judgment is without mercy to one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.” James 2:13

Thank you Lord!! Mercy forever triumphs over judgment. His mercies are new every morning and His forgiveness is unending, because of what Jesus did on the cross.

However, judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. It's like the parable of the man and the king. The king forgave his debt, which was very large. But, when the man's servant owed him a small amount, he did not forgive him but punished him severely. When the king heard of it, he called the man and threw him in prison.

It's the same with our God. We have been forgiven a huge debt, one that earned us death. Yet, Jesus died in our place, and God forgave us and made us His sons and daughters. How can we then go and fail to forgive others, when they trespass against us in much smaller ways? One of the lines in the Lord's prayer is, “forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.” Do we really mean those words? If God forgave us to the same degree that we forgave others, would we even be forgiven at all?

For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy.

God's mercies are new every morning, and I want mine to be, too. We all need grace. I will daily ask the Lord to give me a renewed outlook on those around me and in my household, so that I the way I act towards them today will not be a reflection of the things that they did against me yesterday. “...lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.” (1 Corinthians 9:27)

Matthew 5:7
“Blessed are the merciful, for they shall be shown mercy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment