Friday, October 14, 2011

endurance.

And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.” James 1:4
The Greek word telios is translated as “perfect” when related to a sacrificial animal, meaning that it was fit to be offered as a sacrifice to God. Now, in James, the same word is used to describe us when we “let endurance have its perfect result.” I desire nothing less for my life than for it to be a pleasing sacrifice to the Lord. I am no longer my own, for I have been bought by the precious blood of the only perfect Lamb. I want to be more like my Savior in this, and lay down my own life, as He did, for the purposes of our Father. However, in order to be an offering that is fit for the Lord, I need to have endurance. As seen in the previous two verses, this only comes from hardships and trials. Therefore, I need to persevere through the difficulties so that I may continue to bless my Father's heart.
Here in El Salvador, I will be nothing but ineffective if I am not constantly a blazing sacrifice on the altar of my God. How can I expect to be a blessing to the people of El Salvador if I cannot even bless my own Savior by enduring the most trivial difficulties? Therefore, I will take heart, and look to Him alone for the strength to persevere.


1 Peter 5:10
“And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment