Thursday, October 13, 2011

gozo.

My brothers, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.” James 1:2-3
"Great faith is the product of great fights. Great testimonies are the outcome of great tests. Great triumphs can only come out of great trials."

"Faith that cannot be shaken is a faith that has been shaken.”
I saw these quotes on facebook today, and they both reminded me of these two verses in James. I've been thinking a lot about the testing and hardships I've previously endured that have prepared me for what I am doing now in El Salvador. God truly does see the whole picture, from beginning to end, and graciously prepares me for the road ahead. I also know that I will face many trials while I'm here, but I know my God is just as faithful now as He has been my whole life. The reason I can rejoice in hard times is because they have, and always will, result in great victories and stronger faith for the future. I need to constantly remember this, and rejoice all the more when it gets difficult.

Isaiah 41:10
 "Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your
God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my
victorious right hand."

No comments:

Post a Comment