Wednesday, October 19, 2011

wisdom&faith.

“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.” James 1:5-6

This verse speaks of two things that I deeply desire: wisdom and faith. It is vitally important to have both if I am going to accomplish anything with my Jesus for our Father's purposes. God promises to give us wisdom when we ask, but He also says that a man without faith can be easily shaken.
Sometimes I find myself becoming content with the amount of wisdom or faith that I already have, and I stop asking God for more. Yet this state of mind is a dangerous one to be in. If I am content or even complacent with the place that I'm at, I will stop growing and being effective for the Kingdom.
I do not want to waste my life, nor my time here in El Salvador. Therefore, I will daily ask the Lord for more wisdom. I will also continually cry out, as a father did in Mark 9, “I believe; help my unbelief!” For without faith, it is impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6).

Philippians 3:12
"Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own."

No comments:

Post a Comment