Wednesday, October 12, 2011

siervo.

James, a bond-servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes who are dispersed abroad: Greetings.” James 1:1
Scholars agree that the same James who wrote this book was also the half-brother of Jesus, which sheds a powerful light on this first verse. James called his own brother Lord, and deemed himself His bond-servant. Who would do that? In the eyes of the world, this makes absolutely no sense. However, James did so because he had a different perspective: he knew he was not only serving man, but God.          
Today, some of the team and I were at La Capilla (church) organizing and cleaning different rooms. A lot of the ways in which we were doing things simply didn't make sense to us. I know that this will happen a lot during the next six months, and I need to have the same mindset as James did. Even though some of what I will be doing will not make sense, I need to keep in mind that I am ultimately serving God. It is His work that I am called here to do. Therefore, I will do all things without grumbling or questioning, that I may be blameless and innocent, a child of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom I shine as a light in the world (Philippians 2:14-15). He is my Lord and I am forever His bond-servant.
“This is how one should regard us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found trustworthy.” 1 Corinthians 4:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment