Friday, July 29, 2011

illuminated.

“and he said, 'Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.'” Acts 7:56

“LORD, show me Your glory!” This was Moses' prayer in Exodus 33. He wanted to experience God in all of His glorious might. When his prayer was answered and he came down from the mountaintop, he did not know that “the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with God”, and the people were afraid (Exodus 34:29-30).
Stephen also saw the glory of God and, like the Sons of Israel, his audience was fearful. In fact, they were so afraid that they proceeded to stone him.
However, there is one commonality between these two men that is far greater. After they saw the glory of God, both Moses and Stephen were spurred to action. They could not help but tell of all that the Lord had shown them. Moses told the Israelites what God had commanded, and Stephen couldn't help but tell his accusers about what he had seen. Both of these servants of the Most High acted in great courage, proclaiming the acts of God in the midst of great opposition.
We serve the same God, and He has not changed. Our Father doesn't show Himself or speak to His children simply for their own sake. Instead, He works in His power and glory that His bride may tell others of what He has done.
When God speaks to me, I need to ask Him what He would have me do, and how He would use me to impact those around me. I want my life to shine as it illuminated by the glory of God, so that those around me will turn and seek His face. I will walk in His light and tell of all He has done, until the whole world hears.

Matthew 5:16
“Let your light shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven.”
July 28, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment