Tuesday, November 29, 2011

kingly.

If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well.” James 2:8
Royal. I found it interesting that James, inspired by the Holy Spirit, used this word. I could be wrong, but I don't recall any other law being labeled as such. The Greek word is basilikos, which most commonly means “of or belonging to a king.”
I serve the King of kings, the Ruler of all things. What better way to love and serve Him, than by following the kingly law: loving and serving others?



This past week, this has meant building a Christmas village, curling endless amounts of ribbon, serving 400 people dinner four nights in a row, ironing over 200 tablecloths, cleaning a boys' bathroom with powdered shampoo and sandpaper, constantly embarrassing myself while trying to communicate effectively in Spanish, wearing a bow-tie, learning two Christmas dances, and a myriad of other things.
Tomorrow, it may mean something completely different.

Whatever it may be, I need to remember
that in doing so, I am serving the King of kings,
Whom I love, and Who has first loved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment