Saturday, August 6, 2011

help.

“And he said, 'Well how could I, unless someone guides me?' And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.” Acts 8:31

This week, I've had to learn to let people help me. I hurt my ankle pretty badly and it's really painful, so I haven't been able to do a lot on my own. I've had to ask other people to help me walk, carry my books, get me food, hand me things, and wash my hair. Fortunately, I have been extremely blessed with an amazing family here at Potter's Field Ranch that has willingly helped me all week.
The eunuch in Acts 8 asked Philip to help him understand the Scriptures. As a result, Philip was able to be a blessing and lead him to Jesus.
This week, I have realized that I need to be more willing to ask for help when needed. Through this verse, God also showed me that I should be even more willing to ask for help when I don't understand the Scriptures or something about Him. I have not because I ask not.

James 1:5
“But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment