Saturday, August 13, 2011

wishful thinking.


“And he went out and continued to follow, and he did not know that what was being done by the angel was real, but thought he was seeing a vision.” Acts 12:9

Peter didn't fully understand what God was doing. The situation appeared to be something that it wasn't. However, once he was out of the prison, he knew without a doubt that God had used an angel to delivered him.
In my life, God has always been faithful, even when I don't understand. Sometimes, I wonder if God is even really working. I'll catch myself thinking that my prayers are just hopeless visions or that my trust in the LORD is just wishful thinking. However, I need to act as Peter did and continue to follow, regardless of my own understanding.
In some things, I have already seen the evidence of God working or the outcome. Yet my faith is tested when I cannot see. Will I continue praying for my family, that they may know Christ intimately? Will I press on in difficult relationships so that others may see Jesus through me? Will I continually trust and obey my heavenly Father (even when I cannot see His hand clearly moving) that He may be glorified in my life? Yes, Lord, I will. Help me trust you in my weakness, so that Your strength may be perfected in me.

Hebrews 10:35-36
“Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised.”

August 12, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment