Saturday, August 6, 2011

sovereignty.

“The eunuch answered Philip and said, 'Please tell me, of whom does the prophet say this? Of himself or of someone else?'” Acts 8:34

The eunuch was reading a prophetic passage from Isaiah 53, and he asked Philip about it. There was only one obvious answer: Jesus.
This is an amazing example of the sovereignty of God. The eunuch was passing by reading Isaiah just in time for Philip to be prompted by the Holy Spirit to join the chariot. God set everything up so that he may be led to Jesus.
God is still sovereign, and I need to be looking for these divine appointments. Lord, open my eyes to see them and speak to my heart when you want me to act. Send me, I'll go.

1 Corinthians 9:16
“For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for I am under compulsion; for woe to me if I do not preach the gospel.”

No comments:

Post a Comment