Wednesday, September 7, 2011

building.

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.” Ephesians 4:29

One of the amazing things about living here at Potter's Field Ranch is that I am in constant fellowship. I'm always surrounded by people who love the Lord and have faith that's on fire. However, I've noticed that the biggest thing that works to break fellowship and bring disunity is our words. There have been times that I've heard gossip, spoken harshly to another person, or have been hurt by what someone has said here. These things only cause division.
This is also true in the Church as a whole. Proverbs says that “Life and death are in the power of the tongue” (Proverbs 18:21). Our words have the power to tear town and destroy, or to build up and encourage.
I need to watch over my mouth, and make sure that I do not speak a word that is not uplifting. Furthermore, I will continually ask God to give me His eyes to see those around me, so that I may grasp the opportunities to build up my brothers and sisters in Christ with my words.

James 3:10
“From the same mouth come both blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not to be so.”

No comments:

Post a Comment