Tuesday, September 20, 2011

rocket science.

Seek the LORD while he may be found; call upon him while he is near.”
Isaiah 55:6

I went to summer and winter camps with my church all throughout junior high and high school. After an amazing week with the Lord, my youth pastor, John Hoffman, would speak to all of the students during breakfast on the last day. It became known as the famous “Rocket Science” speech. He would say that we feel close to the Lord now, but it's not the mountain air, something in the water, or the high elevation that caused that. It was simply that we removed all distractions and sought the Lord. Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. It's not rocket science.
Here at Potter's Field Ranch, Jesus is so near... and it's not rocket science. I'm also surrounded by beauty, with misty fog over the lake in the morning and bright stars at night. I'm away from all the distractions of school and work, and I'm deliberately here to seek the Lord. He is close and may be found. There are constantly moments in which I feel like my heart is going to burst because I'm so deeply and madly in love with Him. It's hard to explain, but there is truly nothing more precious than when all of my delight is in the Lord.
Oh how I long for these moments. My soul is constantly in thirst for the sweet and intimate fellowship that comes from being alone with my Jesus. However, I know that this will be a struggle to find after I leave Montana. It is in these times that I will need to continue to diligently seek Him, and fight for time alone with Him.
I realize that this is a very precious season of my life, and I may never have it again. Therefore, I will continue to seek the LORD while he may be found in the beauty of this place. I will call upon him while he is near, and so evident in everything that I see. And when it becomes a greater battle, I will fight all the more.

Psalm 42:1-2
“As the deer pants for the water brooks, so my soul longs for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the the living God. When shall I come and appear before my God?”

Psalm 63:1-4
“O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. So I have looked upon you in your sanctuary, beholding your power and your glory. Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips shall praise you. So I will bless you as long as I live; In your name I will lift up my hands.”

September 19, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment