Friday, September 30, 2011

the last day.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever.” Psalm 23:6

Praise be to God for His promises! This is the complete opposite of what I deserve, for I am sinful and selfish in my flesh. However, my God has deemed me worthy because I have been washed white by the blood of Christ. Again, what an amazing scandal of grace!
As I seek His beautiful face, goodness and mercy truly will follow me all the days of my life. Whether this is today in Montana, the next six months in El Salvador, back home, or wherever else He may call me, the Lord is always with me. He is goodness and mercy; my portion and all I need forever.
However, this promise does not end here on earth! After these days of my life are over, I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. As today is my last day here at Potter's Field Ranch, this promise is my greatest comfort. The interns that started the program with me in July are being sent out all over the world, to Uganda, Costa Rica, and El Salvador. I will be leaving the staff, who have had such a huge impact on my life these past three months. Also, as I depart to El Salvador, there are some interns who are still here that entered the program later than my class did. God has given me such a deep love for them already, and they are my brothers and sisters in Christ. It truly pains me to think that I may never see them again here on earth. This is why this verse is so dear to my heart today. The promise is that I will dwell in the house of my God forever, with everyone that I have met here and grown to love so much. Even if I do not see them again while we are alive, I will spend eternity with them in heaven.
Overall, I need to remember this verse wherever my Jesus may lead me. Goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and all His disciples that I have met and will meet will spend eternity with me in the house of our God. Oh what a great comfort this is!
As I leave the Ranch tonight and get on a plane tomorrow to leave Montana, I will be in constant prayer for my brothers and sisters, and praise God for His amazing promises. He is faithful.

Colossians 3:1-4
“Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.”

No comments:

Post a Comment