Thursday, September 22, 2011

higher.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:9

This verse reminds me of my good friend Austen Payan, and a conversation we had in January. I was telling him of a car accident that I was in on Christmas, and what God did through it. Someone ran into me while I was at a stoplight, and basically destroyed the back of my car. I remember thinking, “Really God? My car was just fixed, and I don't need another problem with it.” When I filed the insurance claim, they had to give me about $2,000. As I was taking the money to go and get my car fixed, someone in the church told me that they wanted to bless me and fix my car for free! As a result, that money went straight into my account for Potter's Field. As I was telling Austen all of this, I sarcastically said, “It's like God was saying, 'Jaymi you're dumb! Just watch what I'm going to do with this!'” We then found this verse, which birthed the phrase “You're dumb/Just watch. Isaiah 55:8-9”.
His ways are higher than mine. I had been praying for God to provide for me to come here to Potter's Field, and He answered in a way that was beyond my understanding and radically different from the way I expected. In comparison to His thoughts, I truly know nothing.
God will work in ways that are beyond our expectations, imaginations, and strength, so that we will know that it is truly Him who does it, and not ourselves. As a result, I want to stay close to His heart and abide in Him, so that I may serve my Jesus and bear fruit. I can do nothing on my own. I will continue to take delight in His ways and trust Him when it doesn't make sense. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are His ways higher than my ways and His thoughts than my thoughts.
[[You're dumb/Just watch. Isaiah 55:8-9]]

John 15:5
“I am the vine; you are the branches. He who abides in me and I in him will bear much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment