Thursday, September 29, 2011

protection and provision.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.” Psalm 23:5

“The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” (Psalm 27:1). If my God can prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemies, He surely is my mighty protector and the shield of my entire life. His perfect love casts out all fear. I have no reason to be afraid as I go to El Salvador, or anywhere else that His strong hand may lead me.
Not only is the table set in the midst of chaos, but my cup truly does overflow. My heavenly Father is constantly blessing me far more than I deserve, and I have no reason to doubt His future provision. I need to continue to trust Him to supply every need while I'm in El Salvador, and for the rest of my life. I do not know how He will do it, but I am confident that my God will provide. He is faithful.

Hebrews 13:5-6
“...He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.'
So we can confidently say, 'The LORD is my helper;
I will not fear. What can man do to me?'”
Psalm 84:11
“For the LORD God is a sun and a shield; the LORD gives grace and glory.
No good thing will he withhold from those who walk uprightly.”


No comments:

Post a Comment