Wednesday, September 28, 2011

eighteen.

He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.” Psalm 23:3
When I think about how God has orchestrated my past and has planned my future, I am awestruck and overwhelmed by amazement. He has divinely appointed my life, and knew me before the foundations of the world.
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I set you apart.” How true is this! God knew my name before I was even a thought in my parents' minds. 18 years ago today I was born, and He had bigger plans for me than anyone could have ever imagined. He loved me more than I could ever know, before I could even know His name.
God then took a dirty, poor, broken little six year old girl and called her to Himself. I fell in love with Jesus. All of the statistics in the world said that I would end up as an addict, teenage mother, and felon because of where I have come from. But my Jesus looked into my eyes and said, “Little child, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.” (1 John 4:4).
“I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” I praise God for all of the ways that He has used me and worked through me these past 18 years, and I am in wonder and anticipation for how He is going to use me in the future. I am going to El Salvador for the next six months, because God has created me to be salt and light and has called me to the nations. I do not know what He will continue to make of me, for I am only clay in my Potter's hands, but I am confident that it will be far greater than my deepest dreams and desires.
Overall, my God has led me in paths of righteousness. They are narrow and rough, for they pass through fire and require sifting as wheat. However, they bear the fruit of greatest joy. I am led, tested, and tried for His name's sake and glory. I also know that future hardships will come. Yet when it seems overwhelming and too much to handle, I need to remember His great faithfulness and how He has been with me throughout my entire life.
“Do not say, 'I am only a youth'; for to all to whom I send you, you shall go, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you,' declares the LORD.” Yes Lord. I am young, but I will be obedient. I will not fear, for you are with me to deliver me.
Where You go, I'll go. When You stay, I'll stay. With this life I lose, I will follow You.

Romans 10:15
“And how are they to preach unless they are sent?
As it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!'”

[Jeremiah 1:5-8]
September 27, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment