Saturday, September 17, 2011

called.

“So you also, when you have done all that you were commanded, say, 'We are unworthy servants, we have only done what was our duty.'” Luke 17:10

            A good father would lay down his life for his children. A loving husband would die for his wife. But would a master lay down his life for a slave? Or a king for his servant?
            I am an unworthy servant of the Most High God. He is my master, and I am his bond-slave. Who am I, then, that He would lay down His own life for me?
            “For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, 'Abba! Father!'” (Romans 8:15) I am not only His servant, but He has made me His daughter. Yet, even before I was adopted by Him, Christ died so that I may one day receive that Spirit of adoption. God made me, an unworthy servant, a fellow heir with His Son.
            “'And in that day,' declares the LORD, 'you will call me 'My Husband,' and no longer will you call me, 'My Master.'” (Hosea 2:16) I am in the body of Christ and, therefore, His bride. “...Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her.” (Ephesians 5:25). My Jesus gave up own his life for me, just as a husband might give up his life for his wife.
            Amazing love, how can it be, that you my King should die for me? I am simply an unworthy servant. What an amazing scandal of grace!
            Amazing love, how I know it's true, and it's my joy to honor You in all I do. When I remember this, that I am but an unworthy servant, yet was made a daughter and a bride and deemed worthy of His own precious blood, there is nothing that I would rather do with my life than serve Him.
            We often have defining moments in our lives, and last night was one of mine. As Pastor John Randall was speaking, I realized that there is nothing in this world that I would be content doing other than full-time ministry. The possibilities of careers and everything else ran through my mind, but none of them would sit right with me. They were all filled with discontentment. What I had previously doubted I then knew with all assurance. I wrote in the front of my Bible,
“I know that I know that I am called to full-time ministry. September 15, 2011.”
            I'm truly excited for my life. Every day is an adventure with my Jesus, and I have no idea where He is going to take me next. In the midst of uncertainty, His perfect love casts out all fear for the future. For I know that the same God who made me daughter and bride will take this heart of an unworthy servant and use it in ways that I can't even imagine. I will continue to trust him with my life, because He alone is worthy.

Jeremiah 1:4-8
“Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.' Then I said, 'Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, I do not know how to speak, for I am only a youth.' But the Lord said to me, 'Do not say, 'I am only a youth'; for to all to whom I send you, you shall go, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you,' declares the LORD.”

September 16, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment